Dr Strive Masiyiwa is a well-known international business leader and telecommunication expert. Strive Masiyiwa is Zimbabwe’s wealthiest man and one of Africa’s most celebrated businessmen. Masiyiwa, who is worth $600 Million by FORBES estimates, is the founder of Econet Wireless Group, a Pan-African mobile telecoms company with operations across Africa, the U.K and New Zealand. Strive Masiyiwa was born in 1961 and has been in business since 1986. He is from Zimbabwe. His business interest spans from telecommunication to insurance, renewable energy, hotels, etc.
This is one great man i love so much, i have learnt a whole lot following him and try studying his lifestyle. He is one man with strong passion to see Africa better, and he is a man of the youths too. Here are a few awards won by him;
10 Most Outstanding Young Persons of the world (Jaycees 1999 – Business Category)
15 Global Influential’s of the Year (CNN/Time Magazine Poll – 2003)
20 Most Powerful Business People in African Business (Forbes Magazine – 2011)
25 Leaders of Africa’s Renaissance (Times of London – 2011)
Builders of Modern Africa (2010 – Winner)
Strive is a devout born again Christian who loves the Lord and believes in the christian faith. He now devotes 50% of his time to educating young African youths on Entrepreneurship.
1. “Whether you’re a farmer, builder or engineer, the opportunities are equal: Just add a little? innovation.”
2. “When you are in a business, you must join associations, (both local and international), so that you can exchange ideas, with people from the same industry, including your competitors. This is how you “benchmark”. Before you dash off to implement something, try and find out what others have done, or not done. This is really how you should be using tools like the Internet.”
3. “Entrepreneurship without skills limits your growth potential.”
4. “If you are working or you are running a business you have to set aside time and money to invest in your continued formal education and skills acquisition.”
5. “You cannot get big and successful in business, without an ability to forge strong partnerships”
6. “The opportunity is in the problem. The moment I see a problem, I immediately begin to think about the opportunities that can be created by trying to solve it.”
7. “A vision on its own is not enough. Hard work and dedication is required to make that vision a reality.”
8. “Integrity is better capital than money. You can accumulate it just like money, and you can use it just like money, but it goes further, and is enduring.”
9. “You can only find opportunities if you are looking for them.”
10. “Entrepreneurship without skills limits your growth potential.”
These quotes are inspiring and it has motivated me and have shaped my mindset and ideologies. Look into theses quotes over and over and think through them.